Motodo - A Todo Manager Written in Moto
Motodo is no longer being developed. However, it is such a simple tool that
it may meet most requirements for an online todo manager.
The current version (0.6) no longer supports single users, thus every
user must login. If you want a version that doesnt require a login
then download the 0.2 release, its still available.
Update: Switched to codex.db.mysql
With the release of Moto 0.15.0 the MySQL extension changed names from codex.sql to
codex.db.mysql. The only difference between motodo-0.4 and motodo-0.5 is the updated
extension name. If you are using Moto 0.15.0 or greater then get motodo-0.5, if you
are using an earlier release of Moto then get motodo-0.4 .
New Features in motodo-0.4 (current version is 0.6)
- Multiuser support
- Password authentication
- Ability to allow users to create accounts
- Code cleanups
- Takes advantage of Moto's powerful session handling capabilities
Motodo is written in the Moto Programming Language,
a new web based language geared for high performance. Motodo uses a MySQL backend to store
all reminders, but I am hopeful that PostgreSQL support will be added soon. Motodo is currently
being developed with Moto 0.20.0.
A todo manager should be just as simple as a todo list itself. Motodo will not be dependent
- Download and install Moto, if you haven't
already done so.
- Download motodo-0.6.tar.gz and unpack it.
- Read the Motodo INSTALL instructions.
- Email me (cwright /at/ standblue. net) if you like it.
Motodo is public
domain software. I don't care what you do with it, but remember, Motodo comes with no
Cory Wright (cwright /at/ standblue. net)
- The first release to support multiple users. Works with Moto
versions less than 0.15.0.
- The first public release of Motodo. This version only supports
single users, and has no password mechanism.