Markive - A Mailing List Archiving Tool Written in Moto
Markive is a MySQL based mailing list archiving and search program written in Python
and The Moto Programming Language .
You only need Moto installed if you plan to use the web interface. The database
insertion tool (markive-save.py from markive-tools) has been rewritten in Python.
The markive-save.py script has been tested with Python 2.2.1, but may work with
others. You will need to have the MySQLdb module installed, which can be found at
Installation instructions are included in
the markive-tools package, but basically it boils down to running:
# ./configure [options]
Recent changes in markive
0.2 to 0.3 (Mar 8, 2003)
0.1 to 0.2 (Feb 28, 2003)
- Fixed several small bugs dealing with pagination
- The page title for a message now contains the subject
- URL's with a tilde (~) were not matching the regex for creating links
Recent changes in markive-tools
0.10 to 0.11 (Feb 19, 2003)
0.3 to 0.10 (Feb 18, 2003)
- Fixed a bug where the subject was not being escaped properly before being inserted in the database.
- markive-save was rewritten in Python from Perl.
- Incoming messages are now disected and only the text/plain parts are inserted into the database.
- Many bugs in the installation system were fixed, things should now be a breeze to install.
- Small success/error messages are sent to the MTA error logs.